Worship is the focus of what brings us together as a community of faith; it also requires the regular efforts of many people, both adults and children, in order to give full voice to our praise of God. At Ascension there are a number of ways in which members may give of themselves to the ministry of our worship life:
- Readers are scheduled on a rotating basis to read the Old and New Testament scripture lessons at our 8:00 and 10:15 a.m. Sunday services.
- Chalice Bearers assist with the administration of the consecrated wine at Sunday services.
- St. Anne’s Altar Guild is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of all of the vestments, vessels, and other items we use in our services and for setting up for every Sunday and weekday service.
- The volunteer choir of Ascension offers music in the Anglican tradition at every Sunday 10:15 Eucharist from September to June. Those who are interested in offering their vocal or instrumental gifts should speak with Dr. Debora Huffman, our Director of Music.
- Ushers/Greeters assist at both Sunday services by helping our visitors feel welcome and by presenting the bread and wine to be consecrated at the altar.
Ministry Leader: Father Michael Bamberger
Acolytes are young people who serve at the altar, light the candles, lead our processions, swing the incense censor, ring the sacramental bells, and get up early on Sunday mornings to serve our parish. Contact Person: Mike Beach
Altar Guild is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of all of the vestments, vessels, and other items we use in our services and for setting up for every Sunday and weekday service. Contact Person: Lynne Holl
Bread Makers mix and bake our Communion bread.
Contact Person: Karen Mooradian
Chalice Bearers The Episcopal Church uses a common cup (chalice) for the wine in the Holy Eucharist. Chalice bearers assist in communion by coming after the Priest, who has the bread, and offering to each person at the altar a sip from the cup and saying “The blood of Christ. The Cup of Salvation” or similar words. Some people prefer to dip their piece of bread in the wine instead. It is also important for people to know that one may receive in only one kind, receiving only the bread. Training is required to perform this ministry. If interested, contact the rector.
Sunday services. Contact Person: Mike Beach
Choir offers music in the Anglican tradition at every Sunday 10:15 Eucharist from September to June. Contact Person: Dr. Debora Huffman
Ushers/Presenters assist at both Sunday services by helping our visitors feel welcome and by presenting the bread and wine to be consecrated at the altar. Contact Person: Roger Keith
Wedding Guild arranges all weddings held at Ascension, working with the bride and the wedding party in coordinating the many details that go into a wedding. Contact Person: Lynne Holl